Sunday, June 26, 2011

bucket baths!

Hi!

I'm here in Peru - working on making a vlog for you all - but for now I thought I'd give you a quick update! How are all of you?! My internet situation is pretty limited right now - so emails are probably the best way of getting in touch. I MISS ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!

So first of all, I thought you should all know that I (yup, me, Ali) am waking up at FIVE. Yes, you heard me right, FIVE in the morning. I live the furthest from our training center (I'm the highest up in Yanacoto, our host community for the first 3 months). It takes me about twenty minutes to walk down our 'cerro' to the bus stop (most people just take a mototaxi - google it). And then we wait about 10 minutes for a bus (called combis - I will probably be using this word a lot) and then its another 30 minutes to the training center.

And waking up early has allowed me to take successful BUCKET BATHS. And although I am craving a hot shower, I really look forward to my morning bucket bath. I think I'll take a photo of my beloved bucket to give you a better idea of wtf a bucket bath is.



...haha, yeah... i was just trying to upload a couple photos. right. i really need to find a faster connection. that will also have to wait till next time because i have run out of internet money! sorry! i promise another update asap! now i'm off to make pancakes with fried bananas for my host fam!


love and miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. so i tried to post a picture of bucket bath but it won't let me so if anyone is curious go to the following link,

    http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bucket+baths&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=H67LybQ-xwWmXM:&imgrefurl=http://www.fullstopindia.com/2011/06/a-bucket-a-day-keeps-the-dirt-away-a-guide-to-bucket-baths/&docid=iRfUA3IehIKqiM&w=640&h=640&ei=4ec5TojQE87dgQed4OnPBg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=501&vpy=330&dur=864&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=113&ty=140&page=1&tbnh=172&tbnw=177&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:0&biw=1366&bih=667

    essentially bucket baths are awesome! hooray peru.

    Clarke

    ReplyDelete